Tatiana Petrova - an expert in the art of ballet highest class. She graduated from the Moscow State Academy of Choreography (Bolshoi ballet academy) in 1989 (class of the ballerina of the Bolshoi Theatre USSR I. Vasilyeva, a leading soloist of the Kirov and the Bolshoi Theatre I. Uksusnikov, Honoured Artist of Russia, Honored Worker of Culture of Russia, Bolshoi Theater ballerina E. Farmanyants) and was immediately admitted to the Bolshoi Theatre ballet company, Moscow.
Tatiana Petrova worked as a ballet dancer of the world's leading Bolshoi theater company for 15 years, where she was in classes of brilliant ballerina of the Bolshoi Theater, Honoured Artist of USSR N. Timofeeva, Honoured Artist of USSR M. Kondratyeva, Honoured Artist of the USSR A. Messerer, Honoured Artist of the USSR M. Lavrovsky, Honoured Artist of Russia B. Akimov and other leading teachers of the Bolshoi ballet company, masters scene worldwide.
In her repertoire - classical and character solo and leading roles, such as Pas de deux (“Giselle”), Nutcracker Doll, Devil, Brother of Masha (“The Nutcracker”), Radish (ballet “Chipollino "), lead caracter dancer ("Romeo and Juliet"), the Lady at the ball ("Casanova"), Shepherdess (Spartak Moscow), solo in «Dance of pirates» (“Le Corsaire”), etc.
As a teacher, choreographer, assisted in the restoration of dance scenes "Polish ball" from the opera “Ivan Susanin”, choreography by R. Zakharov, at the Bolshoi Theatre of Russia in 2008.
Tatiana Petrova graduated with honors from pedagogical department of the Moscow State Academy of Choreography (Bolshoi ballet Academy) in 2002. Being a student in 1997, she began her teaching career in her native Moscow Academy, where she worked till 2014 as a teacher of character scenic dance. Among her students in this school - winners of many International ballet competitions - A. Ovcharenko, D. Zagrebin, M. Kramarenko, M. Mishina, M. Schreiner, I. Tsvirco and others.
Dance "Tarantella", staged by Tatiana Petrova, twice helped their performers - M. Mishina, and M. Schreiner – to win a silver and a gold medal at the International Ballet Competition in Sochi. "Mazurka", specially staged by T. Petrova for her pupil M. Kramarenko, that also helped to win gold medal at this competition.
As a guest-specialist in 2009 - 2014 (classical and character dance) Tatiana six times participated in the "Bolshoi ballet summer intensive" - a joint summer program of the Moscow Academy of Choreography and Russian-American Foundation (New York, USA).
In summer 2010, Tatiana Petrova gave master - class (classical and character dance) in «Greenwich ballet Academy» (Greenwich, USA) .
In summer 2011, Tatiana Petrova gave master - class (classical and character dance) at the Royal Ballet School (Antwerpen , Belgium).
Twice Tatiana Petrova gave intensive master - classes in Ecuador ( Guayaquil ) for students and teachers (classical and character dance) and staged there together with Vladislav Kuramshin ballet performance “Snow White and seven dwarfs” in 2012 (Teatro Centro de Arte).
Tatiana Petrova graduated with honors from the second higher education in graduate school of Bolshoi ballet Academy in 2011 and is going to defend her thesis about character dances.
Since 2003 Tatiana Petrova – Artistic Director, leading teacher and a choreographer of the Academy of Classical Russian Ballet, St. Petersburg, and since 2005 - leading soloist, teacher, coach and choreographer of ballet theatre «Choregraphic Miniatures», Saint-Petersburg, Russia. Together with V. Kuramshin Tatiana staged for the school and theater nine ballet performances for children and adults - "Swan Lake”, “The Nutcracker”, “The Snow Queen”, "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs», «Crazy dolls, or New tin soldier", " Three Little Pigs”, «Little Red Riding Hood», Grand Pas from "Paquita" ballet, and Song-ballet (musical)" Small Cafe "- a joint project with the Theatre of art song. These ballets were shown with a big success in many countries such as USA (New York and Washington), Germany, The Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Finland, Croatia, Latvia, Estonia and others.
Among her students in Vladislav Kuramshin Russian Ballet Academy also a lot of winners of different international and national ballet competitions - A. Lusina, M. Lusina, M. Andreeva, P. Mitryashina, K. Zhiganshina, N. Vronskikh, R. Strokina, V. Bogdanov, Y. Mikhaylova, L. Sartakova, V. Fedorova, M. Bulanova, N. Didenko etc.
For the preparation of pupil for the Grand Prix of International Ballet Competition "Rigas pavasaris - 2010" ("Riga Spring", Riga, Latvia) - Julia Mikhailova - and staging new original choreography Tatiana Petrova was awarded a special diploma for the contribution to the world of choreography.
From 2012 Tatiana – Artistic Director of International ballet competition «Young Russia Grand Prix», from 2016 - Artistic Director of International ballet competition «Anna Pavlova» in The Hague.
From 2014 – she is an Artistic Director, choreographer and lead teacher of Dutch branch of the Academy of Classical Russian Ballet in The Netherlands, The Hague / Rotterdam. Together with Vladislav she staged there four ballets for children and adults in ballet seasons 2014-2019 – «Nutcracker», «Snow Queen», «Snow White and 7 dwarfs» and «Swan lake».
In recent years, Tatiana Petrova has done a lot of creative work in the Netherlands, created and continue to create choreography of dances and a full performances for children, organizes performances, concerts and competitions, conducts a lot of rehearsal work with children to master choreography:
- Tatiana created a choreography and organized a preparation of 4 concerts for elderly nursing homes during the year under the program of the Funds 1818 (performers are the students of the Academy of classical Russian ballet the Hague / Rotterdam).
- Creation of dances for a joint concert on 23.06.18 with the duet " Julia and Julia "(soprano and piano): "The mermaid and the Swan", "Carmen", "Sabre Dance", "Waltz", "Seguidilla".
- Artistic Director and organizer of the International competition (IBC) for young ballet dancers "Anna Pavlova 2018" in the Hague.
- The winners and the laureates of the competition were the following students of the Academy (age 7-14): Josephine van der Plas, Polina Zhuykova, Victoria Sinitski, Daniella Kolsters, Iwa de Groot, Nina Soltani, Iana Zavyalova, Aliya Shilanova, Ksenia Pugaeva, Beatrice Somova, Valerie Buizer, Alisa Tulai, Christina Schuijer and others.
- Tatiana was awarded a special diploma for her contribution to the development of the choreography.
- Preparation and show "Snow White and the seven dwarfs" children ballet as part of the competition.
- Choreography for a joint concert with the mandolin orchestra (the Hague) and chorus: "In the forge" (Russian song) and "Moscow evenings" (Russian song).
- Choreography creation and a preparation for the concert at Russian and Chinese Embassies in the Hague.
- Preparation and holding of the annual intensive international summer ballet program for children of the Academy of classical Russian ballet In St. Petersburg, Prague and The Hague.
- During 2018, the preparation and rehears a choreography of the ballets for children performed by students Of the Academy of Russian classical ballet the Hague / Rotterdam "Snow White and the seven dwarfs", "The Nutcracker", "Snow Queen" with new young cast members (authors / creators of these ballets – Tatiana Petrova and Vladislav Kuramshin) ; showing with great success and sold-out ballet performances for Dutch children and parents in the Bergkerk concert hall (Den Haag) and De Muze theater (Noordvijk).
- Choreography’s creation and preparation of 4 concerts for elderly nursing homes during the year under the program of the Funds 1818 (performers are students of the Academy of classical Russian ballet the Hague / Rotterdam).
- Preparation of choreography and performances for the "Mother's language day" international concert for the Embassy of Bangladesh in the Hague event.
- During 2019, the creation of ballets for children performed by children - students of the Academy of classical Russian ballet of the Hague / Rotterdam "Snow White and the seven dwarfs", "The Nutcracker", "Snow Queen" with new performers; with great success and sold-out performances for Dutch children and parents were shown in the theaters Het Koorenhuis and Bergkerk (Den Haag), De Muze (Noordwijk).
- 23.06.2019 the Academy of Classical Russian Ballet the Hague / Rotterdam was awarded the honorary “RusPrix 2019” award for outstanding contribution to the development of choreographic art and strengthening friendship between the peoples of Russia and the Netherlands (among those awarded in the past years was also the Prime Minister of the Netherlands Mark Rutte).
- Preparation and holding of the annual intensive international summer ballet program for children of the Academy of classical Russian ballet in St. Petersburg, Prague and The Hague.
- Preparing choreography and performing in the annual international “Mother's language day” concert for the Embassy of Bangladesh in The Hague.
- Artistic Director and organizer of the International competition for young ballet dancers "Anna Pavlova 2020" in The Hague.
- The winners and the laureates of the competition were the following students of the Academy (age 9-13 years): Josephine van der Plas, Victoria Sinicki, Nina Soltani, Iana Zavyalova, Emily and Maria Machunskas, Valerie Buizer, Alisa Tulai, Christina Schuijer, Miria Baek, Roisin Gunay, Rianne van der Wilt and others.
- Tatiana was awarded a special diploma for her contribution to the development of choreography.
- Preparation and showing of the ballet "The Nutcracker" as part of the competition. The performance was shown on 01.03.20, after which the corona virus pandemic began and lockdown was declared in the Netherlands.
- Due to Covid-19, 4 annual scheduled concerts for nursing homes under a joint program with the Funds 1818 have not yet taken place.
- Preparing and conducting an annual intensive international summer ballet program for children partly online due to the pandemic (July 2020) - Academy of classical Russian ballet (The Hague).
- Tatiana has established and continuously conducted and conducts online ballet lessons, consultations and rehearsals in the period from March 2020 to the present via Zoom.
- On 19.04.2020, the premiere of the new ballet for children "Three little Pigs" was supposed to take place in Bergkerk Den Haag and on 25.04.2020 in Het Koorenhuis, but the performances were forced to be canceled due to the pandemic.
-12.12.2020 – premiere in The Netherlands a ballet for children “3 Little Pigs” in Het Koorenhuis Den Haag. Staging, scenic version and rehearsal work – Tatiana Petrova.
Academy of Russian Classical Ballet plans to stage another new ballet for children "Little Red Riding Hood" and the world famous Russian masterpiece of choreography "Swan lake" in Tatiana Petrova’s version in The Netherlands.