"ANNA PAVLOVA 2023"
International Ballet Competition
For the third time online
18.11.2023, The Hague, The Netherlands
APPENDIX TO THE GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
THE ONLINE CONTEST
- IBC “Anna Pavlova 2023” will be held online 18.11.2023 on Zoom platform. Participation in the contest is possible by video sent in advance or/and live (in case of a sufficient number of applications).
- To participate via the live stream:
- When login Zoom all competitors must indicate first her / his competitor’s number (for each category a separate competitor’s number) and then name themselves by full real name (in Latin letters). Contestants who do not give their full real name and do not indicate their competitor’s number when entering Zoom will not be allowed to enter the contest viewing room.
- Participation fee is -50% of the fee for the real "live" competition:
Soloists (all categories) 40 euros
Pas de deux 30 euros for each participant (participation of one of the performers outside the competition is not allowed)
Ensemble 2-4 performers 25 euros for each performer
Ensemble of 5 or more participants 15 euros for each performer
The participation fee must be paid after confirmation of receiving of the contestant's application, to which the bank details of the “Anna Pavlova Foundation” will be sent for payment, no later than 10.11.2023.
If the contestant participates in 2 or more categories- discount -50% for each subsequent category.
Discount for the second child in the family participating in the competition -50%
Russian citizens should pay participation fee in rubles at the CBR exchange rate on the date of payment to the Bank account of the ballet Theatre "Choreographic miniatures" (Bank account details will be sent to participant upon receiving of the application).
- Soloists in any age group perform one or two variations (classical dance - the contestant must notify in the application how many variations she / he will perform, one or two). In other solo categories and in ensembles, 1 dance is allowed.
If the contestant or the ensemble wishes to perform more dances / variations, this is allowed by agreement with the organizers for an additional entrance fee of 15 euros for soloists and participants in the Pas de deux category ( for each participant) for each additional variation / Pas de deux; 10 euros for each participant of an additional performance in an ensemble of 2-4 performers; 5 euros for each participant of an ensemble of 5 or more performers.
- Additional payment for online master classes.
The application for participation in master classes is sent by the contestant to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also submit your application via the contest website https://www.annapavlovacontest.com/novaya-stranica
Payment for participation in master classes - together with payment of the participant's fee or separately, but no later than 10.11.23
- Each registered participant of the contest after payment of the fee will receive by e-mail their participant’s number / numbers and an invitation to join the Zoom conference no later than 17.11.23 with a link to log in. This link is valid for all days of the contest. All participants are in the Zoom conference waiting room until the time of the performance. Each participant will have access to the competition viewing room approximately 5 minutes before the time of their performance.
Each participant will be informed about the performance time on 18.11.23 by the organizers of the competition no later than 17.11.23
- Each registered participant of the contest will receive a participant’s number / numbers (if they participate in different categories). Numbers are issued according to the date of birth of the participant, starting from the youngest. In each age group, the performances of the participants of the competition will take place according to the participant’s numbers from the youngest to the oldest participant. If a contestant participates in several categories, they will receive an additional number for each category.
- The scores of the jury members whose students participate in the competition are not counted for this contestant.
- 18.11.23 - the day of online competition. The performances of the contestants are possible in two options:
1) By the video sent by the participant, shot no earlier than 01.09.2023. The video must contain a variation, a dance, a choreographic miniature, a fragment of a performance, of a concert. Performance - in costume on stage, in a ballet studio . The participant's number is not required to be attached to the costume.
2) Contestants who have the opportunity can perform live and dance in real time via live stream from their ballet studio, on stage or at home (if the size of the room suits to the choreography being performed). Performance – in a stage costume. The participant's number is not required to be attached to the costume
3) It is also possible to combine the two options, that is, the participant can send a video of one variation, and the other dance live. Or the variation is performed live, and the ensemble is recorded.
- Performances of girls are possible both on pointe shoes and in soft ballet shoes. Girls who perform on pointe shoes are evaluated in subgroup A. Girls who perform in soft ballet shoes are evaluated in subgroup B (except for the Mini-kids + Pre-competitive age groups – however, pointe shoes are allowed in these age groups).
- 26.11.23 - announcement of the results of the competition. The results of the contest will also be published on the contest website https://www.annapavlovacontest.com/ruzultvty-ibc
- All online contestants, regardless of the result, will be sent the diplomas of IBC “Anna Pavlova 2022” participants by email.
- All online laureates and winners of the competition will also receive prize diplomas by email.
- As a special prizes Foundation "Anna Pavlova" (The Netherlands), Academy of Classical Russian Ballet (St. Petersburg / The Hague) and the ballet Theatre "Choreographic miniatures" (St. Petersburg, Russia) will provide the winners and laureates of the contest discounts 100%, 75%, 50%, 25% (Grand Prix, first, second and third place in category soloists) to participate in summer intensive ballet programs 2024 in St. Petersburg, Russia, Olomouc, Czech Republic or The Hague, The Netherlands (the choice of the prize winner of the contest). Other prizes and internships are expected.
- By entering, the participant or his legal representative agrees to the contest rules, and confirms that he / she has rights to use the music and choreography for performance of the dance / variation.
***THE GENERAL RULES OF THE COMPETITION CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE https://www.annapavlovacontest.com/pravila-uchastiya-v-konkurse